Questions to ponder
- Why is there something rather than nothing?
- What do sperm whales think about?
- If we encountered an alien species as intelligent as we are, how would we recognize it?
- How might a nonhuman language differ from a human one?
- Where does music come from?
- What is money?
- Who is God?
- How does matter become conscious?
- Can we each choose our own future?
- Is more information always better?
- Can elephants learn arithmetic?
- Why do we sleep?
- Does a sense of humor bestow an evolutionary advantage?
- What is the optimum size for a community?
- Are virtual communities really virtual?
- How is Schrödinger's cat feeling today?
- How do they make Koosh balls?
- What comes next?
- What have we lost?
- What are we about to lose?
- What have we got that's worth keeping?
- How much is enough?
- What assumptions are implicit in these questions?
If you know the answers to any of these questions (or better yet, if you have more questions)
please e-mail them to me.
David R. Woolley
May 19, 1995