- A+ Conferencing
- Low cost, reservationless web conferencing, phone conferencing, and video conferencing.
- Adobe Connect (formerly Acrobat Connect or Macromedia Breeze)
- Web conferencing platform for meetings, webinars, and eLearning, featuring PowerPoint slides, live and recorded video, audio,
Flash presentations, and live screen sharing.
- Arkadin Web Conferencing
- Global implementation of a suite of tools for personalized on-demand audio conferencing, operator-assisted web conferencing,
document/project sharing, webcam and online streaming of audio or video.
- Assemble Conferencing, by Globalive Communications
- Exclusively serves wholesalers and resellers. Customers receive a branded self-serve site featuring
audio and web conferencing.
- Offers Vidyo hosted services and personal telepresence HD video conferencing on a wide variety of devices.
- Blackboard Collaborate (formerly Elluminate)
- Conferencing designed for live learning and training.
- Breeze [ click for reviews ]
- See Acrobat Connect Professional
- Callworthy Conferencing
- Resellers of name-brand conferencing services at flat monthly fees or discounted
- Hosted web conferencing service providing online meeting facilities for up to 50 people for a
- Centra Live, from Saba[ click for reviews ]
- A suite of software for real-time, interactive meetings and classrooms with features such as desktop and application
sharing, whiteboard, text chat, VoIP, surveys, and more. Free trial.
- Central Desktop Web Meetings
- Inexpensive hosted service, offering real-time web conferencing for work groups.
Offered as an optional component of Central Desktop collaborative workspaces.
- Hosted service featuring desktop sharing, live video, and audio conferencing either by phone
or VoIP. Conference rooms can be branded and embedded in your own web site. No software installation
required to attend a meeting.
- Hosted service featuring desktop sharing, live video, and audio conferencing either by phone
or VoIP. Conference rooms can be branded and embedded in your own web site. No software installation
required to attend a meeting.
- Click to Meet, by First Virtual Communications (formerly CUSeeMe)
- Acquired by Radvision. Continuing to support Click to Meet product.
Providing infrastructure for enterprise video conferencing applications with advanced processing platforms and solutions.
- Collaborator by Webatel
- Hosted, affordable web conferencing, allowing you to put together your own package with only the features you need.
- Collabrix, by Linqware
- Secure instant messaging, audio conferencing, and web conferencing, all available from your desktop
for ad-hoc meetings with teammates. Hosted service, with IM charged at a fixed monthly fee; audio and web
conferencing billed on a per-minute basis.
- Communiqué Conferencing
- Hosted service offering web conferencing via WebEx, Microsoft Live Meeting, and Raindance, as well as video
conferencing and pay-as-you-go phone conferencing.
- Confer & Inform Meeting, by AbiTeq
- Hosted service offering web meetings and webinars, designed to help individual professionals
collaborate with colleagues around the world. Supports Windows, Mac, Linux, Unix, and iPhone.
Based on RHUB conferencing platform.
- Affordable web conferencing services with integrated audio and web cam video.
- Conference IQ
- Conferencing optimized for marketing and sales presentations, with private branding. Multimedia platform facilitates
creation of presentations including images, live video, Flash animations. Also offers
interactive features such as polling and chat.
- Convenient tool for offering online training sessions, including PowerPoint presentations, screen sharing, VoIP and dial-in audio.
Integrated registration and payment system. You set the price for attendees; Conferendum keeps 25% of participant fees and pays
you the rest.
- Connex International
- Hosted service offering web conferencing, webcasting, audio, and video conferencing.
- Inexpensive hosted web conferencing service for small group meetings. Offers VoIP via
Skype or use a no-cost telephone conference bridge.
- Cool Conference Live
- Free, ad-supported service. Features live, Flash-based sharing of a pre-uploaded PowerPoint presentation
to unlimited participants. Also offers file sharing, polling, streaming of MP3 audio, and
ability for participants to take notes which are emailed to themselves. Audio is carried by
phone, with participants dialing into a long distance number. Optional ad-free service for an annual fee.
- Offers web conferencing as well as audio and video conferencing.
- Dimdim[ click for reviews ]
- Free, open source web conferencing featuring screen sharing, text chat, video, and VoIP.
The server software must be installed on a Windows or Linux server. The enterprise version
of Dimdim has been acquired by SalesForce.com.
- Low-cost hosted web conferencing service, based in Australia.
- Dreamcast F.A.S.T.
- Licensed software featuring realtime audio and video at half or full duplex,
along with web conferencing capabilities.
- eAuditorium, by NetDIVE
- Full-featured web conferencing software, offered (almost) free for unlimited simultaneous participants -- you only pay for support.
- EasyWebPresenter, by EasyConnectFree.com
- Inexpensive hosted service for online PowerPoint presentations. (Not a full-featured web conferencing service.)
Telephone conference bridge is optional.
- Inexpensive peer-to-peer web conferencing service. Flat monthly rate, unlimited usage.
Features text chat or Voice over IP, whiteboard, web tours, and application sharing.
- eLecta Live
- Real-time virtual class or conference room for corporations, trainers, schools; featuring personal and shared whiteboards,
data stream, session recording, interactive polling. Hosted or self-hosted options with pricing determined by number
of concurrent users, subscription period, and edition chosen. Free 2-week trial.
- Inexpensive conferencing software. With this and the Flash Media Server installed, you can host web meetings
including audio, video, screen sharing, and whiteboard.
- Encounter Collaborative
- Offers a range of hosted conferencing services, from simple screen sharing
via their own ShareItNow to full-scale web conferencing
using Microsoft LiveMeeting.
- eStudio, by SamePage
- Hosted project management service featuring Flash-based web and video conferencing. Different configurations
available depending on company size, number of projects, server and security requirements, etc. Can optionally be integrated with
an eStudio collaborative workspace.
eStudio's conferencing service is based on Digital Samba OnSync.
- Offers two licensed software products to facilitate collaborative meetings:
InfoWorkSpace, with text chat, whiteboard, and other web conferencing features, and
the Encounter family of products, which incorporates live video and audio.
- eZmeeting, by Sigma Design
- Hosted web conferencing service sold on a monthly per-seat basis. Offers real-time presentations,
with annotation capabilities, whiteboard, file sharing, and instant messaging. Includees
a viewer capable of displaying Office documents, PDF files, CAD drawings and 3D models.
- Free, advertising-supported webinar service. Features screen sharing, audio broadcasting via
VoIP or phone, polling, text chat, Q&A, scheduling and invitation system, and custom branding.
Allows up to 150 participants in a session.
- FreedomMeeting Web Conference
- Hosted web conferencing service sold on a per-minute basis or monthly fee for unlimited use.
Conference presenters can use Windows, Macintosh, or Linux.
- FUZE, by CallWave[ click for reviews ]
- Hosted service offering instant meeting capabilities. Features screen sharing, as well as presention of pre-uploaded
content in high definition (HD) and synchronized video streaming.
Based on Flash; works on all browsers and all computers with no software download or install. Meetings can be
managed or joined from mobile phones. "Fetch" feature allows bringing attendees into the meeting by calling them.
Basic service is free; premium features available on subscription or pay-per-use basis.
- Hosted conferencing service with a simple user interface, featuring remote control,
multiple presenters, and a free audio bridge. Presenters can use Windows or Macintosh systems.
No software download required for guests.
Genesys Conferencing (formerly Astound)[ click for reviews ]
- Small group meetings and webcasting of Powerpoint presentations to large groups.
- Glance[ click for reviews ]
- Screen sharing made simple. Glance lets you instantly show your computer screen to anyone you choose over the web.
Viewers need only a browser. Up to 100 guests at a time. Easy to assign control to a participant. Fully supports Windows and Mac,
compatible with new operating systems. Free trial.
- GoMeetNow, by RHUB Communications
- Multi-functional web conferencing for PC and Mac. "Universal Attendance" technology ensures that everyone can join the meeting with no
download whatsoever, supporting attendees on Windows, Mac, Linux, Unix, or iPhone. Can also be used for remote PC access.
User interface available in several languages. Allows individual participants to record sessions. Free trial.
- GoToMeeting [ click for reviews ]
- Simple, inexpensive, and easy to use conferencing service for small group meetings. Offers desktop sharing combined with
HDFaces (high-definition video conferencing), audio conferencing via phone or computer, optional toll-free audio service.
PC and Mac are fully supported. Meetings may also be viewed on an iPad, iPhone, or Android device.
- GoToWebinar [ click for reviews ]
- Simple and inexpensive conferencing service permits unlimited webinars and large meetings with up to 1,000 attendees for
a flat monthly rate. The self-service interface offers features for planning, presenting, recording, and analyzing online events.
- Integrates a suite of standard web conferencing tools with a Group Decision Support System (GDSS) into a
single application with both real-time and asynchronous collaboration features. This combination allows teams to conduct
complex problem solving and planning in workshops, meetings, and trainings.
Uses proprietary client software.
- Very inexpensive conferencing software that can be licensed and hosted on any Windows or Linux computer.
Features whiteboard, voice/video conferencing and desktop sharing, or host your own 3D chat world.
- Designed for delivering online presentations to an audience, especially for distance learning.
Available as a hosted service or as licensed software.
- Offers both peer-to-peer and server-based conferencing. Participants can send any item
on their Windows desktop to other users with a single click. Also offers
IM-Live which lets you email a link through which
anyone can instantly initiate a chat session with you.
- HP Virtual Classroom
- Now found at HP Virtual Rooms.
Hosted conferencing service from Hewlett-Packard offering synchronous meeting and training rooms.
Can use Outlook for scheduling. International user interface. 50 seat minimum.
- Hosted conferencing service featuring live audio, live and prerecorded video, recording and
playback, and attendance tracking. The user interface can be customized and branded.
Flash based. Not to be confused with hosted workspace program called huddle.
- HyperMeeting & HyperWebinar
- Available standalone, or bundled with the full HyperOffice Collaboration Suite.
Features include desktop sharing, remote control, multiple presenters, polling, file transfer,
optimized slide presentations, and smart scrolling to synchronize participants' view of a document with
the presenter's. HyperMeeting is meant for small group meetings; HyperWebinar serves audiences up to 1,000.
- Offers personal workspaces, blogs, wikis, file sharing, tagging, instant messaging, presence awareness and other tools
for team work. Open source version is free. Enterprise version adds workflow and other advanced features and is priced on
a per-user basis. Based on Java/J2EE and a choice of databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle).
- Offers a suite of conferencing products, variously designed for team meetings, online training and eLearning,
large events and webinars, and online customer support. Uses a small downloadable client rather than a web browser.
Offered as a hosted service or as licensed software on a per-seat basis.
- Illustrate, by Mercuri
- Hosted web conferencing with integrated audio, IM, presence, email, and contact management
Browser independent, no ActiveX required.
- IMConferencing (IMC), by LiveOffice
- Instant messaging combined with web conferencing, conference calling, and real-time video.
Offered as a hosted service on a per-seat basis.
- InComm Conferencing
- Offers a range of audio, video, and web conferencing services, reselling technology
from WebEx and other providers.
- InetCommunicator (formerly TTC Global Talk Interactive)
- Hosted web conferencing service featuring, VoIP, recording, specialized room and user interface branding, live
streaming or presentations can be placed on your site for on-demand viewing.
- Infinite Conferencing
- Offers web conferencing, audio & video streaming & webcasting, and reservationless and operator-assisted
phone conferencing services.
- Service designed for live presentations, featuring VoIP, optional webcam video, slide shows,
and whiteboard. Includes automated meeting invitations and registrations and integrated PayPal payment
system. Can be custom branded with a personalized URL.
- Hosted online meetings with your choice of leading web conferencing services.
Also offers video conferencing, streaming media, and a variety of online event solutions.
- Inter-Tel Web Conferencing (formerly Linktivity)[ click for reviews ]
- Premise-based conferencing software, featuring multi-point video, file transfer, polling and quizzing,
desktop sharing, annotation, co-browse and record and playback features.
- Interwise Enterprise Communications Platform[ click for reviews ]
- Very high end suite of conferencing applications targeted at large corporations.
- See WebOffice. Hosted web-based suite of applications. Includes
document/calendar/database sharing, business-class email, task management and other office services.
No downloads. 30-day free trial.
- IPx Connect
- Hosted conferencing services. Offers IPNexus for web conferencing, and IPVideo to
combine video conferencing with web collaboration.
- iTeleFusion, by GlobalSoft
- Designed to be installed behind the firewall for use at companies with multiple locations.
Combines live video, VoIP, data conferencing, and instant messaging.
- Interactive web conferencing application featuring live screencasting, synchronized browsing, recording, sharing presentations,
extensive moderator controls and more. Capacity for 1000's of participants in a single room. Multi-lingual. Internet
based. Cross platform and handicap accessible. Also offering a reseller web conference server
allowing companies to resell conference rooms and servers. Free trial.
- Jhatak Web Meeting
- Free Windows-based software for hosting and participating in web meetings.
There is very little information about this software -- download it and take your chances!
- LaunchForce, by Eloquent
- Designed for large-scale online presentations, especially product launch events.
- Link Conference Service
- Remotely hosted web conferencing and phone conferencing.
- Linktivity WebDemo
- See Inter-Tel Web Conferencing
- Remotely hosted meeting center featuring voice conferencing, document sharing,
application sharing and demos, and web tours.
- Lotus Sametime[ click for reviews ]
- Premise-based conferencing software by IBM. Features instant messaging (compatible with AIM),
whiteboard, and application sharing. A developer's toolkit allows building custom applications.
Requires purchase of the server software plus individual user licenses.
- Marratech[ click for reviews ]
- Licensed client/server software for collaborative web conferencing and multipoint video conferencing.
- Provider of web conferencing in Nordic region, distributing e/pop Web Conferencing
and other collaborative software. Web site is in Norwegian.
- MeetingMagnet, by BeaconLive
- Universally deployable reservationless web conferencing featuring multiple leader control sharing, forward-caching,
polling, chat, application/desktop sharing and more.
- Provides web, audio, and event conferencing through partnership with
Adobe Breeze. Also offers online account management and professional
services such as facilitation, content authoring and branding.
- MeetingPlace, by Cisco (formerly Latitude Communications)
- Designed to be integrated permanently with a company's existing communication infrastructure.
Available as licensed software or as a hosted service.
- Offers a virtual shared desktop, in which any Windows application can be run,
allowing PowerPoint presentations, collaborative document editing, web tours, etc.
- MeetingServer, by Data Connection Ltd (formerly DC-MeetingServer)
- A conferencing server designed for use by service providers who will sell online meeting services,
or for direct use by large-scale enterprises.
- MegaMeeting Web Conferencing [ click for reviews ]
- Offers a range of video and web conferencing services, from personal to enterprise level.
Guest participants need only a web browser with Flash; no additional software to install. Supports
Windows, Macintosh, and Linux for guests; presenters must use Windows.
- Message Impact Systems
- Offers web conferencing services in the US and Canada via WebEx,
Netspoke, Acrobat Connect,
or Microsoft Office Live Meeting.
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Features instant messaging and chat, audio and video conferencing, data sharing, whiteboard,
scheduling, and more. Custom applications can be built.
- Microsoft Office Live Meeting (formerly Placeware) [ click for reviews ]
- Hosted web conferencing, PowerPoint presentations, whiteboard, web tours, live software demos, polling, streaming video.
- Momentum Conferencing
- Suite of products for web-based, multi-party audio and video conferencing. Streaming media, video embedded in email with no
attachments or software, on demand VoIP audio (including hardware), no minimum or maximum number of participants,
ongoing user training. Free trial.
- Mshow, by InterCall
- Designed for large group webcasts and online presentations. Presentations can
include streaming video and audio, PowerPoint presentations, web tours, and
application demos. Voting, polling, and instant messaging between participants
is also supported.
- Inexpensive hosted web conferencing for small group meetings, featuring desktop sharing with
privacy control allowing you to choose which applications to share, meeting scheduling and
invitations, file sharing, record and playback, and compatibility with firewalls.
- Nefsis (formerly WiredRed e/pop) [ click for reviews ]
- A turnkey conferencing system for enterprise and government customers, oriented toward collaborative work,
featuring multiparty video conferencing, desktop and application sharing, and PowerPoint presentations.
Participants need Windows and any browser. On-premise software or online hosted service.
- Netbriefings [ click for reviews ]
- Netbriefings provides large, broadcast-style webcast services specifically suited for
secure company meetings, outbound marketing events and online training. Offers
robust streaming media capabilities for live full-motion video or audio with slides,
and an end-to-end "catering service" approach.
- Hosted service based on Microsoft Live Meeting, with integrated audio and video conferencing.
- Free peer-to-peer web conferencing software from Microsoft. No longer actively supported.
- Netspoke (formerly iMeet)
- Java-based service designed for meetings, and includes components
for scheduling, registration, evaluation, and archiving. This is a remotely
- Offers services for web and audio conferencing and webcasting.
- Wide range of hosted web conferencing, video conferencing and teleconferencing applications and services for small or
large groups. Secure, fully-featured web conferencing includes desktop sharing, recording, live polling and more. Full
service Point-to-Point or Point-to-Multipoint video options, or bridging services supplied for your own equipment.
Conference rooms available around the world by the hour, day or week.
- omNovia Secure Conference
- Hosted, secure video and web conferencing platform, integrated within your existing web site for up to 1,000 simultaneous participants and multiple presenters.
Omnovia is web browser-based, (no heavy software installation), with integrated voice conferencing. Offers private file sharing and multiple moderator options.
Also allows you to record, archive and rebroadcast your presentations in high resolution.
- Onstream Media
- Fully featured webconferencing, webcasting, digital media services applications capable of integrating data,
video and voice media across platforms. Webinar event management. Point-and-click interface for content publishing
with integrated credit card processing and pay-per-view features. Transcoding rich media for viewing content on a
variety of user devices.
- OnSync (formerly Socrates), by Digital Samba
- Web conferencing with integrated VOIP audio and live video. File sharing, live polling, full feature recording,
customizable screen layouts, Learning Management System (LMS) integrations available. Software for purchase or managed
service options. Flexible licensing models available. Supports Windows, Mac, Unix, Linux.
Flash based. Free unlimited use for up to three participants; monthly fee for larger meetings.
- OpenMeetings [ click for reviews ]
- Free, open source web and video conferencing software, based on Java and Flash. Works on any platform and any browser.
User interface is available in many languages.
May require more technical expertise to install than most commercial web conferencing software.
- Ozone Conferencing
- Hosted web conferencing and phone conferencing. Based in the UK.
- Packetel Turbo Meeting
- Hosted web conferencing featuring desktop sharing, interactive whiteboard and annotation, and text chat
among participants. Firewall friendly; no software installation required for attendees. Monthly fee based on
number of conference rooms and number of attendees per room. Packetel also offers internet fax and
long distance phone service.
- Collaborative workspace designed for CAD engineers and Architects, offering real-time
web conferencing as well as document libraries, project management, etc.
- (Very!) inexpensive premise-based conferencing software that can be run on an ordinary web server. Persony's unique
architecture requires no server software, yet is not peer-to-peer, and requires no special client
software for meeting attendees. An API is available for integration with other web services.
Persony's Touch Meeting iPhone app allows hosting or
joining a meeting via an iPhone.
- PGi (formerly Premiere Global)
- Hosted service offering presentation sharing using their own ReadyConference Plus,
as well as web conferencing through partners including WebEx, Microsoft, Macromedia, and IBM.
- PictureTalk, by Pixion
- Enterprise web conferencing with support for clustered servers using Mac OS X Server,
Windows NT/2000 Server, or Solaris; thousands of concurrent connections. Supports LDAP.
- See Microsoft Office Live Meeting
- A suite of multi-media web conferencing products. Live presentations simultaneous with
remote audience participation using PowerPoint add-in; webinar with automatic scaling for viewer's needs;
mobile studio for on-site video production. Hosted service.
- Inexpensive hosted service offering a range of online presentation solutions, including mobile webconferencing capability
and Showrooms: a dedicated web address available 24/7 for placing presentations with interactive capacity such as user input,
polling, etc. Each account has one free Showroom. Users need only PC or Windows Mobile 5.0 enabled phone or PDA. Slides may be interactive, allowing audience members to respond
to questions, with replies stored for later analysis. No software downloads, virtually all browsers supported.
Audio is delivered over a telephone conference or via Skype.
- Present Online, by Conferencing.net
- Hosted web conferencing service offering application sharing, polling, web tours, chat, and whiteboard.
- Raindance [ click for reviews ]
- Once a popular independent product, Raindance has been absorbed into Intercall
and is apparently being phased out.
- ReadyTalk [ click for reviews ]
- Web and audio conferencing, with full support for both Windows and Mac users. Recording and playback feature also allows editing
your recordings and creating podcasts. Pricing plans based on use and number of participants.
Live demo and 30-day free trial.
- RHUB Web Conferencing [ click for reviews ]
- A web conferencing appliance (hardware/software combination) installable behind your own firewall.
Features screen sharing, annotation/whiteboard, remote control. TurboMeeting
bundles unique "view-only" feature along with Interactive modality allowing any user from any platform to join the meeting.
- Offers low-cost telephone conference calling with WebEx
web conferencing service at no extra charge. 24/7 operator assistance, pay only for use,
multiple services based on need. Free demo.
- See Showtime
- Showtime, by Powwownow[ click for reviews ]
- Share PowerPoint and PDF presentations with one presenter and up to 5 participants; screen sharing
with up to 2 participants. Free.
- See Convenos
- Smart Technologies
- Conferencing products offering desktop sharing, VoIP, webcam support, SMART board interactive whiteboard, Bridgit conferencing software,
- Conferencing offerings include eMeeting Server, eTraining Server, eSupport Server,
and Web Presentation Server, plus hosted web conferencing services.
- SNT Conferencing
- Provides conferencing services in the Netherlands, including audio conferencing,
video conferencing, web confencing, and tailored events.
- Sonexis ConferenceManager[ click for reviews ]
- Offers web and audio conferencing as a hardware/software appliance installed at your site.
- Spreed, by struktur AG
- Audio/video, presentations, application sharing, remote control. Supports Windows, Macintosh, Linux.
Can purchase ongoing subscription or single event package. Free for up to 3 participants.
- Audio conferencing by phone and VoIP, with or without screen sharing, for up to 1,000 participants.
- SwitchPort, by Limu Solutions
- Hosted service designed for large-scale corporate collaboration, e-learning, and
- Super V, by IDESC, Inc.
- Web conferencing featuring VoIP and multipoint video, available as a hosted service or
as licensed software for unlimited in-house use.
- Sykaro Web Conferencing
- Hosted service offering audio and video conferencing, chat, instant messaging, web tours, whiteboard, and polling.
- Talking Communities
- Offers VoIP voice conferencing combined with web cobrowsing. Online conferencing rooms can
be rented on a monthly basis, or you can purchase your own conferencing server. Also
offers very inexpensive pay-per-minute conferencing at On-Demand Conferencing.
- Web conferencing featuring real-time document/screen sharing, interactive whiteboard, VoIP, multiple presentation
modes for more or less control of session. Monthly fee. Unlimited participants.
- Offers web conferencing as well as a complete suite of business teleconferencing services, reservationless and operator assisted
. Free conference recording, broadcast lecture/listen-only modes, interpretation/translation, and other features.
- Offers reservationless web conferencing and audio conferencing.
- Telus Web Conferencing
- Offers pay-as-you-go access to WebEx for business users in Canada.
- The Conference Depot
- Inexpensive web conferencing, phone conferencing, and video conferencing for small groups.
- A collaboration service based on Microsoft NetMeeting.
- THT Web (Townhall Teleconferencing)
- An international teleconferencing service also offering video and web conferencing services.
- Touch Meeting, by Persony
- Mobile and desktop web conferencing service based on Persony. You can host or attend
a meeting from either a computer or an iPhone. Offers desktop and presentation sharing, whiteboard, text messaging,
and sharing live camera snapshots or photos from an iPhone. Free for up to three meeting participants;
larger meetings require purchasing an inexpensive Persony license.
- TTC Global Talk Interactive Web Conferencing
- See InetCommunicator
- Next generation conference calling service featuring real-time audio and web conferencing, document sharing, call recording and group chat services.
HD audio, document sharing, free call recording, local dial-in from over 40 countries, dial out to add participants.
- Hosted web conferencing service that also offers a persistent discussion forum and library for
ongoing communication after a real-time meeting.
- Unlimited Conferencing
- Offers low rates on WebEx conferencing. Pay-as-you-go or unlimited use flat-rate pricing.
- Unyte, by WebDialogs[ click for reviews ]
- Real-time web conferencing products with features for small groups such as screen sharing, scheduling, etc.,
or larger groups that need polling, audiocasting, event creation/management and more. Integrates with
Skype. 1:1 application is free. Tiered pricing. Free trial.
- Vcall Web Conferencing (formerly Communicast)
- Hosted service designed for presentations. The user interface for audience members is very
simple to use but allows many forms of interactivity.
- VIA3, by VIACK Corporation
- A highly secure online meeting service. Participants use proprietary
client software rather than a web browser.
- Vista, by Claripoint
- Hosted web conferencing featuring PowerPoint Show, Web slides, Screen Show, screen sharing, and many other
conferencing tools. Teamwork mode accomodates up to 20 audience members; Auditorium mode accomodates up to
200 audience members. Can accept plug-ins. Claripoint also offers playback of previously recorded presentations as
well as conventional audio conferencing.
- VMukti Meeting Place (formerly 1videoconference) [ click for reviews ]
- Open source VoIP, WoIP audio/video webconferencing software for use on your own domain. User needs webcam
and internet, though non-web users can participate via audio/video phone, MSN, Skype.
Features include: multi-party audio/video, realtime application/desktop sharing, recording, etc. Web-based or
desktop application. Available at SourceForge. Requires .NET framework, IE only.
- Offers a variety of conferencing environments, all with secure voice communication delivered over the internet,
some with live video. Uses Inter-Tel Web Conferencing as its conferencing engine.
Also see VoiceCafe.org.
- Conference rooms featuring VoIP and co-browsing for a flat monthly fee based on
the number of seats. Requires Internet Explorer with plugin.
- Vyew, by Simulat [ click for reviews ]
- Browser-based, real-time, desktop sharing for up to 20 participants. Whiteboard markup capabilities,
layering and filtering features to support multiple projects. Requires Java 1.5. Free through 2007.
Business grade solutions available with premium features like customizable user interface, multi-language
support, and a new infrastructure for increased speed.
- Low-cost service that allows sharing your desktop with multiple participants over the web.
- Web Conferencing Central
- Hosted conferencing service offering web presentations, application sharing, and document sharing,
WebConferencing4U, by Obidicut
- Name-brand web conferencing at discount prices, including WebEx, Placeware, Inter-Tel, and StartVisuals
- WebEx [ click for reviews ]
- Offers a Meeting Center for online collaborative work, Support Center for customer support interactions, Training Center
for e-learning and online training, and OnStage for large events and seminars.
- WebEx MeetMeNow
- WebEx's low-priced instant meeting center features desktop sharing, annotation, control granting,
and an integrated telephone conference, and optional live webcam video. Flat monthly fee, free 14-day trial.
- Offers presentations, application sharing, VoIP, and recording/playback of meetings. The Java-based
client software is open source, and the service itself is free during its beta testing period.
- WebInterpoint, by WebDialogs
- Simple web conferencing, available as a hosted service or licensed software.
- Hosted web conferencing service oriented toward live training.
- Collaboration software offering chat, audio and video conferencing, whiteboard,
presentations, application sharing, phone, news, email, calendar, document sharing,
training assessment tools, and more.
- Windows Meeting Space
- A built-in feature of Windows Vista. Allows screen-sharing meetings among up to 10 participants. Requires that all participants
be on the same local area network and be using Windows Vista. Peer-to-peer architecture; no server required.
- WiZiQ[ click for reviews ]
- Free site devoted to online teaching and learning. You can give a live presentation to invited guests, and
have it automatically recorded in WiZiQ's archives for access by anyone interested. Features
audio, video, text chat, whiteboard, and ability to share content from PowerPoint, PDF, Word, Excel, and images.
Works with any web browser.
- Workspace3D, by Tixeo
- Hosted web and video conferencing service offering a feature set similar to other conferencing
vendors, but inside an immersive 3D environment with moving, gesturing avatars.
- Yugma [ click for reviews ]
- Free or inexpensive hosted web conferencing. For small group meetings, Unlimited use for up to 10 participants is free of charge forever.
Inexpensive premium service permits more attendees and adds some extra features. Cross platform Java client fully
supports Windows, Mac, and Linux users as both presenters and attendees. Includes free telephone conferencing
or VoIP conferencing with Skype.
- see VMukti
- 1-4-U Conference Call
- Offers a full range of audio, web, and video conferencing services at discount prices.
- 3DXplorer/Online Meeting enables avatars in a 3D space, to share the content of a presentation,
2D document and/or 3D object with other avatars. Features desktop sharing, multi-presenter sharing,
laser beam pointer, seated pose, and pop-up zoom. As a Java applet, it works on all browsers
and all operating systems without a software installation.